With the pricey summer travel season fast approaching, WalletHub today released the results of its nationally representative 2018 Summer Travel Credit Card Survey, along with its annual list of the Best Credit Cards for Summer Travel and its 2018 Currency Exchange Study.
Highlights from each can be found below.
- 49% of Americans say they need a vacation more this year than last year.
- The average adult is expected to spend $6,237 on summer travel this year.
- 47% of travelers worry about money, just behind weather (50%) and topping delays (45%), theft (38%) and illness (33%).
- 35% of people think travel is worth getting into debt for.
- 40% of people have used credit card rewards to pay for at least part of a vacation.
- Best Currency-Exchange Option: International travelers can save 9.07% relative to Travelex and 6.86% compared to banks and credit unions by simply using a no foreign transaction fee credit card or a debit card with no foreign fee to convert currency.
- Best Initial Bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 50,000 bonus points = up to $625 in travel; $95 annual fee ($0 the first year); no foreign transaction fee. Check out the full list of WalletHub’s best travel credit cards for summer 2018.
More from WalletHub
- Best Frequent Flyer Programs
- Best Airlines
- Best Hotel Rewards Programs
- Best Credit Cards for Rental Car Insurance
- Best Credit Cards for Travel Insurance
- Best Summer Travel Destinations